Monday, March 31, 2008

My First Blog....Ever



I never thought I'd be a blogger, but here I am. I always knew it would have to be something spectacular to get me to blog. I guess saving money broke my anti-blog mentality. So as you may know I had been a coupon user...but this CVS thing is great. I started my CVS experience last week with a $30 gift card for a transferred prescription and it has been nonstop since!!! Tonight I wanted to get one last use out of the $5 off $15 purchase so I braved the rain and headed out to CVS to get the SoftSoap that's free with ECB this week.

Here's what I got.
Order #1:
5 Lip Balms
1 gallon milk

Total (before discounts): $19.04
I used $5/$15
$0.55 coupon (milk)
$11 ECB
Out of Pocket: $1.59 and got $14.95 ECB Back

Order #2
5 Softsoaps
Total: $26.45
I used $4/$20
$3.50 in coupons off the Softsoap
$14.95 ECB
Out of Pocket: $2.86 and got $24.95 ECB Back


So basically I spent $4.45 out of pocket and received $39.90 to spend on another shopping trip!! This is great. Thanks to Laura for sharing her expertise.

1 comment:

Laura Webber said...

Hey, is the background your bed? I think we have the same duvet cover... Bed, Bath & Beyond?
Stealthy shopping & matching beds... weird!